- Part of Jim Andrews’s On Lionel Kearns is a participatory poem, which will not function in the Collection (the CD-ROM or the site). To engage with this part of On Lionel Kearns, please visit the installation of the piece on the author’s site.
- Shockwave 11 should solve a significant issue with Shockwave and Intel Macintosh computers. Until the release of this version in March 2008, Shockwave plugins would only work in browsers running in Rosetta mode. Conversely, Java applications will not work in browsers running Rosetta mode. So while most applications included in the Electronic Literature Collection will work on Intel Macs, users of these computers previously needed to switch browser configurations accordingly.
- The previous version of open.ended (online 24 October 2006) did not appear to work on Intel Macs running Java (1.4.2_09 or 1.5). This was corrected in the version online as of 11 April 2008.
- “The Set of U” and “Chemical Landscapes” did not previously work on Internet Explorer, but did work in Firefox. This was corrected in the version online as of 11 April 2008.
Errata & Fixes
- There is an html error in the CD-ROM version of Twelve Blue that will cause the thread navigation image to disappear in one section of the work. This error has been corrected in the web version of the file.
- There is an html error in the CD-ROM version of On Lionel Kearns that may cause a Shockwave file not to load. This error has been corrected in the web version of the file.
- Nio was improperly tagged with the keyword “Memoir” in the CD-ROM version. Corrected in the web version.
- The keyword “Memoir” was added to On Lionel Kearns in the web version.
- The keyword “Visual Poetry or Narrative” was added to Urbanalities in the web version.