The Electronic Literature Organization seeks engaged members of the ELO community for three open seats on the ELO Board of Directors (BoD).
The BoD is a working board dedicated to developing and sustaining the creation, scholarship, exhibition, and preservation of electronic literature. Board members serve voluntarily for three-year terms, with the opportunity for renewal for additional terms. In addition to bi-monthly meetings (via Zoom) and an annual retreat, board members work in various roles or initiatives (such as coordinating ELO Prizes, MLA panels, coordinating ELO fellows, among others). As a working volunteer BoD, its members do not receive any kind of financial compensation for the work they do, and must maintain membership at their own expense.
The current board is especially interested in expanding the diversity of the board. We seek the nominations of active e-lit scholars, artists, archivists, and others who are BIPOC, LGBTQ+, people with disabilities, and come from broad geographic and language backgrounds. Note that while we also wish to broaden the linguistic diversity of the board, all board business is conducted in English.
Here’s the process to fill board vacancies, amended to include community input:
- The BoD has a conversation about current needs in expertise, representation, etc. that can be addressed with new members.
- A nomination form is circulated to the ELO community.
- Board discusses nominees in the context of its needs and produces a ranked list of candidates to fill vacancies.
- The ELO President reaches out to the top candidates, determines interest, and discusses responsibilities.
- If interested, candidates submit a letter of interest and CV for consideration by the Board.
- The Board considers each candidate and votes.
Please use the nomination form embedded below (or here’s a link to it) to nominate yourself or someone else. Nominations will be open until September 19, 2021.
If you have any questions, please contact Leonardo Flores, ELO President at firstname.lastname@example.org.